Using the web to shop for Siloam Springs auto insurance can be complicated if you’re new to quoting online. But don’t be discouraged because it’s actually quite easy.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes at least once a year because rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rates a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the right way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Lower your Siloam Springs Auto Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your by improving your credit score. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Big city or small town – Being located in less populated areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance of the car you own makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many auto insurance companies provide better rates to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
To choose insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Arkansas, click this link.
What if I want to buy from a local Siloam Springs agent?
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Siloam Springs.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will battle to get your business. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to your email. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Best insurance agent in Siloam Springs
When searching for local Siloam Springs agents, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Agencies in Siloam Springs can either be captive or independent (non-captive).
Independent agents are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
The following are independent agents in Siloam Springs who can help you get price quotes.
- Mitch Fincher Agency – 519 S Mount Olive St – Siloam Springs, AR 72761 – (479) 524-9524
- Northwest Arkansas Insurance – 710 W Tulsa St – Siloam Springs, AR 72761 – (479) 524-6444
- Greg Brown Insurance Inc – 511 W Tulsa St – Siloam Springs, AR 72761 – (479) 524-6191
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of captive insurance agents in Siloam Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 301 E Main St – Siloam Springs, AR 72761 – (479) 524-3163
- State Farm Insurance – 511 W Tulsa St – Siloam Springs, AR 72761 – (479) 524-2485
- Allstate Ins Co – 1001 S Dogwood St – Siloam Springs, AR 72761 – (479) 524-5113
- Shelter Insurance – 711 S Mount Olive St – Siloam Springs, AR 72761 – (479) 524-4183
To view a complete directory of captive agencies in Siloam Springs, visit this site.
Selecting an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Are auto insurance companies telling the truth?
Companies like State Farm and Allstate continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the ads make the same claim about savings after switching to their company. How can each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured could be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who do not match this ideal profile will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how companies can make those claims.
That is why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do no-fault laws apply in Arkansas?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
More information can be read on the Arkansas Insurance Department website located here. Arkansas drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, report car insurance fraud, and view a list of available companies.
A little work can save a LOT of money
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
We just showed you a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Discount auto insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many Siloam Springs insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.