Nobody cherishes buying car insurance, particularly when the cost is too high. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to discover the definitive best price available.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates in Wells is quite easy. Maine vehicle owners just need to know the tricks to shop on the web.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a car insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Wells, click here.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-8.jpg" alt="Wells car insurance prices” />
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine rates.
- More performance means more cost – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- The more you drive the more you pay – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like real estate brokers, executives and dentists tend to have the highest average rates because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and performers receive lower rates.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some companies will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your car from being stolen.
Your insurance agent down the street
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Wells who will compete for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier!
Deciding on an insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Below is a list of insurance companies in Wells that can give you rate quotes.
Batal Agency – 953 Post Rd, Wells, ME 04090 – (207) 641-2066
Once you have reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that will provide car insurance coverage.
Maine car insurance information
Even more information is located at the Maine Bureau of Insurance website. Visitors are able to download brochures, discover disciplinary actions, and learn about insurance regulations.
The following information may also be useful.
One last thing about your coverage
The cheapest car insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Wells agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We just covered a lot of ways to lower your car insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best prices are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.