When shopping for lower-cost insurance, are you confused by the sheer number of auto insurance sources in Concordia? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Kansas people have such a large number of options that it can really be a big hassle to find better rates. Everyone knows that Concordia is a wonderful place to live, but having to pay for pricey auto insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to pay for enough auto insurance coverage.
The purpose of this post is to let you in on the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Kansas vehicle owners only need to know the most effective way to get comparison rates over the internet.
Double check you’re getting these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for substantially lower auto insurancerates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount should help reduce your policy premiums.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Geico has savings for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including payment discounts, home ownership, driver training, student away at school, early quote, and save driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for accident-free, easy pay, good student, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, distant student, early shopping, homeowner, and mature driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, Switch & Save, and renters.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, multi-policy, professional/association, and good student.
If you need , ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to view providers with the best discounts in Kansas, click here.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm and Allstate make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Getting prices online is very simple as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into the form. When complete, the system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the time it takes to visit several different sites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the best price possible.
A less time-consuming method to compare rates uses just one form to obtain quotes from several companies at one time. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable. After sending the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any one of the quotes returned.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
Why you might pay higher rates in Concordia
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels. Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the items that factor into your rate level.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have careless violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Improve your credit rating – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Occupation stress can affect auto insurance rates – Occupational choices like judges, social workers and dentists usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Drive less and save – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
What if I want to buy from local Concordia insurance agents?
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agents is definitely important in Concordia.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer because prices are sent to you directly. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can select. Agencies in Concordia can be categorized as either captive agents or independent agents. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand why they differ because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can write business through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to include price quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are Concordia independent agencies that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Connie Walenta Insurance – 219 W 6th St – Concordia, KS 66901 – (785) 243-3436
- Jerry Burgess Agency – 215 W 6th St – Concordia, KS 66901 – (785) 243-2901
- Newton Insurance – 201 W 6th St – Concordia, KS 66901 – (785) 243-3838
Captive Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Captive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often use the same captive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below are Concordia captive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – 336 W 5th St – Concordia, KS 66901 – (785) 243-2500
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 821 Broadway – Concordia, KS 66901 – (785) 243-1300
To see available agencies near you, feel free to see this directory of Concordia auto insurance agents.
Picking a auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- How are they compensated?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
If you feel you receive good feedback to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Kansas consumers can’t ignore all the ads that claim the best rates from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. All the companies advertise claims about savings just by switching to them.
It sounds good, but how can they all make almost identical claims? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance providers have specific criteria for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable customer might be described as a married male, has had continuous coverage, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will most likely get cheap prices and therefore will save some money.
Drivers who are not a match for this ideal profile may receive higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can make those statements.
This emphasizes why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best rates at this point in time.
And the best auto insurance company is…
When you , don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just showed you many ways to compare auto insurance rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding . You may even find the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies. Cheap auto insurance can be found online in addition to many Concordia insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about auto insurance in Kansas can be found on the website for the Kansas Insurance Department. Click here for link. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, view a list of available companies, and find a variety of consumer forms.