Are you a victim of an expensive auto insurance policy? Say no more because there are lots of people in the same boat. Multiple insurers compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute lowest cost out there.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage before your next renewal because rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest rate two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the quickest way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Fairfield is not rocket science. Maine drivers just need to learn the proper methods to get comparison rates online.
Reduce Your Rates with these tips
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Deter theft and reduce rates – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder auto theft.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most larger insurers will award better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Mature drivers pay less – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a first-time driver onto your auto insurance can increase premiums substantially. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Finding auto insurance in Fairfield, ME
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is surprisingly easy. Consumers just need to take time comparing to see which company has . It’s super easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The fastest and easiest way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This quick form saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company. Filling out one form will get you price quotes from many national carriers.
- A slightly less efficient method to find better pricing requires visiting the website for each individual company and repeat the quote process. For examples sake, let’s say you want rates from Nationwide, Geico and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which can be really labor intensive.
To view a list of companies in Fairfield, click here.
The method you choose is up to you, but be certain you are entering nearly identical coverage limits on every quote you get. If your comparisons have differing limits it will be impossible to determine which company has the best rates in Fairfield.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-80.jpg" alt="Fairfield ME car insurance prices“/>
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks on the web.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Some companies who may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policies in Fairfield. For a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Fairfield, follow this link.
Even more information is available at the Maine Bureau of Insurance website. Consumers can file complaints about a company, read state legal mandates and laws, get help finding coverage, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Lowest Rates from Fairfield Auto Insurance Agencies
- Fairfield, OH Car Insurance For Less Than Youre Paying Now
- Professional Methods to Cheaper Fairfield, CT Auto Insurance
Better coverage you can count on
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to lower your auto insurance car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for , it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.