Are you a victim of an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many Lovell consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Popular companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Buying car insurance in Lovell is not rocket science. Nevertheless, Wyoming drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies sell insurance online.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in Lovell
There are a lot of ways you can shop for auto insurance but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You can waste hours talking to agents in Lovell, or you can utilize online quotes to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to every company. To use this form to compare rates click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly which companies to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose individual companies to compare, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Wyoming. View list of Wyoming insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information on every quote you get. If you have different values for each quote it’s not possible to make a fair comparison in Lovell. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
Get Cheaper Rates by Understanding Pricing
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the factors that factor into prices.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of add-on coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Drive less and save money – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Just one ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- More claims means more premium – Auto insurance companies in Wyoming give lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Where you live can impact rates – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. City drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- No coverage gaps is important – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Wyoming motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Lovell, click here.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Cheaper auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lovell, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company. They often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More consumer information in Wyoming
More information can be read on the website for the Wyoming Insurance Department found here. Wyoming consumers can find disaster information, get help finding coverage, and discover disciplinary actions.