If you’re trying to find lower-priced insurance online, do you get frustrated by the dozens of auto insurance sources available to you? You’re not alone. Vehicle owners have so many choices that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to find the perfect company for you. Plaquemine is a wonderful place to live, but inflated auto insurance rates can make it hard for many drivers to buy full coverage.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes yearly since prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rate on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the best ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Pricing the best auto insurance in Plaquemine is quite easy. Louisiana vehicle owners just need to know the proper way to shop online.
Performing a rate comparison can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You could waste time talking to insurance companies in Plaquemine, or you could save time and use online quotes to maximize your effort.
Many insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to complete one form, and each participating company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for every auto insurance company. To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose which insurance companies you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of low cost auto insurance companies in Louisiana. Click to view list.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just compare nearly identical coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to make an equal comparison in Plaquemine.
Cheaper Louisiana auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-31.jpg" alt="Louisiana car insurance quote”/>
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You may see this discount when you get .
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a .
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including automatic seat belts, homeowners, theft prevention, early bird, student driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, driver’s education, student away at school, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may include discounts for easy pay, good student, anti-theft, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, homeowner, multi-car, renters, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, bundle, good student, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
If you are trying to find , ask each company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your area.
Informed drivers save more
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Do you really need to file that policy claims? – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Louisiana award better rates to people who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- City dwellers may pay more – Living in areas with lower population is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims
- Job reflects on prices – Careers such as military personnel, executives and stock brokers generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other professions such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed pay the least.
- Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – Your deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Even more information can be read at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Consumers can download brochures, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, read consumer alerts, and learn about specific coverages.
Insurance advertising tricks
Louisiana drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for auto insurance savings from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to advertise the message about savings just by moving your coverage to them.
How do they all charge lower premium rates?
Companies provide the lowest rates for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable insured might be over age 30, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics will get a cheap rate quote as well as cut their rates substantially.
People who may not quite match those standards will be charged a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The wording the ads use say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save that kind of money. That is how companies can advertise the way they do. Different companies use different criteria so drivers should compare often. It’s not possible to predict which auto insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
You can lower your rates
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers and questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Affordable auto insurance is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.