Perplexed by the number of car insurance companies in Savannah? You have a lot of company. Drivers have so many options available that it can turn into a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
Buying car insurance in Savannah is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. But Georgia drivers need to learn the way companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Compare Savannah Car Insurance Costs
There are several ways to get quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to find competitive insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Probably the best way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests for each company. Taking the time to complete one form compares rates from car insurance companies with the best prices. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to get quotes online is to manually visit each company website to complete a price quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want rates from Farmers, Safeco and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Savannah, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare identical coverages on every quote you get. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate in Savannah. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in large price differences. And when quoting car insurance, remember that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying car insurance.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Savannah, click here to view.
Additional detailed information is located at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Consumers can view a list of available companies, get help finding coverage, download brochures, and discover disciplinary actions.