Comparison shopping for more affordable Clarinda auto insurance could be quite difficult for beginners to online insurance quotes. Drivers have so many options available that it can quickly become a burden to find the perfect company for you.
Smart buyers can cut their rates
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Employer stress can affect rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations such as military personnelpolice officers and financial analysts have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like scientists, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Rates are affected by your address – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Iowa areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Better premiums for being claim-free – Companies in Iowa generally give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Prices for men may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Teenage drivers cost more – Inexperience drivers are proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents .
- Policy lapses lead to higher rates – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse can be a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Iowa motor vehicle department.
- Is your car built for speed? – The make and model of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates are usually for economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Bundle policies and save – The majority of companies apply lower prices to policyholders that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
More affordable rates by earning discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but occassionally some discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Life Insurance – Some auto insurance companies give better auto insurancerates if you take out life insurance from them.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer free auto insurance quotes in Clarinda, click this link.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Iowa?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Should I buy only the required Iowa minimum liability coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
To learn even more about auto insurance
Additional detailed information can be read at the Iowa Insurance Division website. Iowa drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read industry bulletins, view agent and company licensing information, and find disaster information.
Leave no stone unturned
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
The cheapest auto insurance is attainable online and with local Clarinda insurance agents, so you need to with both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Drivers may discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.