Finding may appear to be difficult at first if you’ve never received online rate comparisons. But don’t throw in the towel because finding cheaper rates is actually fairly simple.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. This information will tell you how to get online quotes. But Mississippi vehicle owners must comprehend how insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
The easiest way to compare rates takes advantage of the fact almost all companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details including your occupation, if the car is leased, how much you drive, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your rating data is instantly sent to many different companies and they return rate quotes immediately.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Mississippi?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from small agencies is definitely important in Columbia.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Columbia who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find an insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents may be either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not restriced to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Columbia that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- South Group Griffith Agency – 330 Church St – Columbia, MS 39429 – (601) 736-4537
- Nationwide Insurance – 700 Lumberton Rd – Columbia, MS 39429 – (601) 736-3128
- Wilks Insurance – 1301 Highway 13 N – Columbia, MS 39429 – (601) 736-9899
Captive Insurance Agencies
Captive agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Captive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Captive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below are Columbia captive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 434 Broad St – Columbia, MS 39429 – (601) 736-3244
- State Farm Insurance – 309 Dale St – Columbia, MS 39429 – (601) 736-7101
To search for insurance agencies near you, please link to this list of Columbia, MS auto insurance agencies.
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Much more information about auto insurance in Mississippi can be found on the Mississippi Insurance Department website located here. Consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, download brochures, discover disciplinary actions, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
More related Columbia auto insurance information: