Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of car insurance choices in Hayward? You’re not alone. There are so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to find better rates.
It’s a good habit to compare prices before your policy renews because prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest price a year ago there may be better deals available now. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the best methods to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Free Hayward Car Insurance Quotes
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different in Hayward, Californiainsurance companies. The recommended way to find the cheapest insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- Probably the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing separate quotes to each individual car insurance company. Completing one form gets you coverage quotes . This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to analyze rates consists of visiting the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Progressive and American Family. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Hayward, click here.
- The least efficient way of comparing rate quotes is driving to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for car insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare the exact same coverages and limits for every company. If you have different deductibles it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Hayward. Having just a slight variation in limits may cause a big price difference. Just remember that comparing more company’s prices helps you find a lower rate.
More discounts equal less premium
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Hayward may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
To choose insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Hayward, click here to view.
When might I need help?
When choosing coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Online resources for education
Much more information about car insurance in California is available on the California Department of Insurance website located here. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, find a variety of consumer forms, and view a list of available companies.
The following articles may also be useful.