I can’t think of a single person who likes paying for car insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof. Lots of insurers contend for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest rate possible.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage in Newark is not rocket science. New Jersey drivers only need an understanding of the best way to get comparison quotes on the web.
How to Buy Newark Car Insurance Online
Most companies allow you to get insurance quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing is fairly straightforward as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. When complete, the company’s rating system requests your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information determined by many factors. Online price quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the best price on car insurance.
The preferred way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form to obtain quotes from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced and you can choose any of the returned quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and complete the simple form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This way, you will receive rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Car insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Newark, follow this link.
Quote online but still have a local agent
A small number of people just want to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will battle for your coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How long has their agency been open in Newark?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
The different types of insurance agents
When searching for an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Newark can either be captive or independent. Both write coverage properly, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Captive agencies write business for a single company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of captive agencies in Newark who may provide you with comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 360 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 274-1000
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you should always include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Newark that are able to give price quote information.
Fisher Agency – 8 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 589-8272
Massey Agency – 46 Lyons Ave – Newark, NJ 07112 – (973) 926-6300
C C Travel and Insurance – 25 Bloomfield Ave # 1 – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 481-1302
Grand Insurance – 1141 S Orange Ave – Newark, NJ 07106 – (973) 371-5100
Acosta Agency – 568 Broadway # B – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 482-5898
For a complete listing of licensed insurance agents in Newark, please go to this site.
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
What impacts Newark insurance rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in a small town can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large New Jersey cities have much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Performance level impacts rates – The type of car you drive makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are usually for economy passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
Smart consumers save more
The cheapest car insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Newark agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Additional detailed information can be found at the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance website. Consumers can read industry bulletins, download brochures, and read consumer alerts.