Beginners to buying insurance online can find purchasing cheap Rolla car insurance to be a formidable task.
You need to check car insurance prices at least once a year because insurance rates tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest price two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn the best ways to reduce your car insurance bill.
Factors that affect insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Older drivers save more – Youthful drivers in Missouri are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your car every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Verify your car insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most car insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Always keep insurance in force – Letting your insurance expire will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Missouri motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Free Quotes for Car Insurance in Rolla
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different in Rollainsurance companies. The best way to compare insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for every car insurance company. A single, simple form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A slightly less efficient method to get comparison quotes consists of going to the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Allstate, GEICO and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Rolla, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use the exact same deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you have mixed coverages it’s not possible to determine the best price in Rolla. Slightly different coverage limits can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps you find a better price.
Discounts can save BIG
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-48.jpg" alt="Missouri car insurance“/>
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- College Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Missouri, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Additional information is located on the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find a variety of consumer forms, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Other related articles:
Online plus local equals savings
We covered many ideas to get a better price on car insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
The cheapest car insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood Rolla agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.