No sane person likes buying auto insurance, especially when the cost is way too high. With so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate the lowest cost auto insurance company.
The best way we recommend to compare rates is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as driver details, distance driven, how your vehicles are used, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your rating data is then sent to many different companies and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Don’t listen to company ads
Arizona consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for auto insurance savings by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to advertise the message about saving some big amount if you change your policy.
It sounds good, but how can they all make almost identical claims? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. One example of a desirable insured might be over the age of 45, carries high limits, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and therefore will save a lot if they switch.
Potential insureds who do not fit this ideal profile may be forced to pay a higher premium and this results in the customer not buying. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why you really should get as many as possible. Because you never know the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Learn how to lower your auto insurance costs
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Gender matters – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Expect high rates for teens – More experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents .Teen drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop vehicle theft.
- Where you call home factors in – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Arizona cities have to deal with much more traffic and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
Arizona auto insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Most are applied at quote time, but some need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Paperwork-free – A few auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, good student, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- AAA may have discounts that include AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, seat belt use, military active duty, good student, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for professional/association, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and teen driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see companies with significant discounts in Thatcher, click here.
One last thing
You just learned a lot of ways to compare auto insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When you , it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be read at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Arizona drivers can learn about specific coverages, view agent and company licensing information, download brochures, and find out industry alerts.