Paying for high-priced car insurance can drain your bank account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to cut your insurance bill.
With consumers having so many different company options, it’s difficult to locate the best car insurance company.
You need to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest price six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Finding affordable coverage in Brighton is easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about everyone who buys car insurance will most likely be able to lower their premiums. But Colorado consumers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Brighton Car Insurance Quote Comparison
Comparing car insurance rates can take hours if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with local insurance agents in Brighton, or you can utilize the internet to achieve your goal.
Most car insurance companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company returns a rated price based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests for each company you want a rate for.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to getting quotes like this is that consumers can’t choose which companies to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose individual companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of car insurance companies in Colorado. Click here for list of insurance companies in Colorado.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using identical information on every quote. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best in Brighton. Quoting even small variations in coverages may cause a big price difference. And when comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps you find the best rates.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accidents.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- College Student – Children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts in Brighton, click here to view.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage if a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Colorado areas regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times means more change of being in an accident.
- Lower rates come with age – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of insurers will give a discount to customers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to ensure the best deal.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your car insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- How’s your driving record? – Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Even one citation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. If you have dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Even more information can be found at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, read industry bulletins, and find disaster information.
More comparisons equals lower rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Cheap car insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Brighton agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.