Overwhelmed by the wide range of car insurance options in Coral Springs? You’re not the only one! You have so many options available that it can quickly become a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
It is always a good idea to compare prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price last year other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Components of your insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, or theft. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Where you live can impact rates – Being located in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Florida cities have much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more change of being in an accident.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Even one ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. If you have serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Neighborhood agents for car insurance
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you peace of mind. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Coral Springs.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
Types of insurance agencies in Coral Springs
When looking for local Coral Springs agents, there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Coral Springs are categorized either independent or captive. While both can do a good job, but it’s worth learning the differences since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you contact multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agents in Coral Springs who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Steven A Roth Agency – – Coral Springs, FL 33065 – (954) 344-8786
- Steven Marcus Insurance – 7305 W Sample Rd # 107 – Coral Springs, FL 33065 – (954) 755-1177
- ASI Agency Inc – 3300 N University Dr # 408 – Coral Springs, FL 33065 – (954) 344-7900
- Chris Coyne Insurance – 4614 N University Dr – Coral Springs, FL 33067 – (954) 757-8117
- Roth Agency Inc – – Coral Springs, FL 33065 – (954) 344-8786
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies have only one company to place business with like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only purchase coverage from captives mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are captive insurance agents in Coral Springs that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 6275 W Sample Rd – Coral Springs, FL 33067 – (954) 978-0008
For a complete listing of captive agencies in Coral Springs, go to this page.
Deciding on an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can adequately provide car insurance.
Learn more about car insurance in Florida
Additional car insurance information can be found on the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website through this link. Consumers can find out industry alerts, file complaints about a company, and view a list of available companies.
The following articles may also be useful.
Keep this in mind
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
We just covered some good ideas how you can compare car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.