Price shopping your Decatur car insurance is nearly impossible for consumers not familiar with buying insurance online. People have so many choices that it can turn into a challenge to compare prices in Decatur.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons yearly because prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rates a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Starting now, ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn one of the easiest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this article is to teach you the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. Georgia vehicle owners just need to know the best way to compare price quotes online.
Comparison of Car Insurance in Decatur, GA
Finding a better price on car insurance isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is take time to get quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
The fastest way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. A single form will return quotes from all major companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
A slightly less efficient method to analyze rates requires you to visit each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Allstate, Progressive and GEICO. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in Decatur, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have different deductibles you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best in Decatur.
How much can you save with discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Georgia insurance information
Additional information can be read on the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website found here. Georgia consumers can find out industry alerts, find out which companies have the most complaints, and file complaints about a company.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Decatur