Buying affordable Enterprise auto insurance on the web can seem to be challenging for consumers not familiar with buying insurance online. With so many choices of online companies available, how can anyone possibly compare them all to find the best price?
You have some control over your rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Even a single speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- With age comes lower rates – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupations such as lawyers, executives and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates due to high stress and long work hours. Other occupations such as farmers, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many auto insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Enterprise Auto Insurance Prices Online
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The best method to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for every auto insurance company. Completing one form will get you rate comparisons from auto insurance companies with the best prices. Just one form and you’re done.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates is spending the time to visit the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare GEICO, Progressive and American Family. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in Enterprise, click here.
- The hardest way of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to and from local Enterprise insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each price quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine the best price in Enterprise. Just a small difference in coverages can make a big difference in price. Keep in mind that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you switch to their company. How can each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential customers who do not match the “perfect” profile must pay a higher premium which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can claim big savings. This illustrates why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest rates.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Alabama, follow this link.
What about using a local agent?
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Enterprise who will compete for your business. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy! You can find better rates AND a local agent.
Selecting a company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Alabama?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
To view licensed agents in Enterprise, go to this page.
After receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an insurer that can adequately provide auto insurance.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Alabama Department of Insurance website. Alabama drivers can find disaster information, read consumer alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and read state legal mandates and laws.
More effort can pay off
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your auto insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies.