Locating the lowest price Andalusia auto insurance on the internet can appear to be problematic for people not familiar with buying insurance online. With a ridiculous number of companies competing online, how are people able to be able to compare each option to find the cheapest available price?
Consumers need to compare premium rates before your policy renews since prices tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest price two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Locating cheaper auto insurance coverage in Andalusia is quite easy. Essentially every vehicle owner who buys auto insurance most likely will be able to find better rates. But Alabama vehicle owners must comprehend the methods companies use to market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Use discounts to get cheaper Alabama auto insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Andalusia Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Andalusia may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- No Claims – Andalusia drivers who stay claim-free pay less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- College Student – who live away from home at college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower auto insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, driver training, good student, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good student, ease of repair, multi-car, age of vehicle, and accident-free.
- Geico may include discounts for military active duty, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, driver’s education, good student, multiple autos, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
Before buying, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. To see auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Alabama, click this link.
Why your price might be higher
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Your age impacts your rates – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a first-time driver onto your auto insurance can break the bank. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims , and usually have better credit.
- Premiums and your address – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Urban drivers have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage.
- What are good liability insurance limits? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Use credit responsibly and save – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. If your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your vehicle by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Performance makes a difference – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – The majority of insurance companies will award a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.There is a good possibility that you can find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Respected companies like Progressive, Geico, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you change to their company. It sounds good, but how can they all cost less than your current company? This is the trick they use.
Many companies have an ideal profile for the type of insured that will generate a profit. An example of a profitable risk profile may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a policy lapse, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A customer getting a price quote that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap car insurance rates and will save money with a new company.
Drivers who fall short of this stringent profile will see higher rates and this results in the prospect going elsewhere. The trick companies use is to say “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can make the claims of big savings.
Different companies use different criteria so drivers must do a rate comparison at every renewal. It’s impossible to know which company will have the lowest car insurance rates for your situation.
More Alabama auto insurance information
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the website for the Alabama Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Consumers can view agent and company licensing information, find out which companies have the most complaints, and download brochures.
Keep this in mind
When getting , don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare auto insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may discover the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.