When shopping for more affordable insurance, do you get confused by the crazy number of auto insurance providers in your area? There are such a vast assortment of providers available that it can easily become a chore to find the lowest price. If you live there, you know that Collinsville is an awesome place to live, but the high premiums for auto insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to buy full coverage.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes to find out which insurance company has . Rate comparisons can be done using a couple different methods.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. One simple form will get you price quotes from multiple companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online is going to each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll assume you are doing a rate comparison from GEICO, Safeco and Allstate. You would need to spend time going to each site individually to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of companies in Collinsville, click here.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but compare the same coverage data for each price quote. If you have higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Collinsville.
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these disounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should sucessfully take a drivers education course in school.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Collinsville can save you money because it requires personal responsibility.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will positively reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- American Family may include discounts for accident-free, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, air bags, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, student away at school, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts including air bags, student driver, homeowners, driver training, good student, and early bird.
- Travelers includes discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, new car, early quote, multi-car, home ownership, and continuous insurance.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, daytime running lights, driver training, good student, defensive driver, air bags, and membership and employees.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Collinsville, click here to view.
Seven factors that affect insurance rates
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims could be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Male prices may be higher – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Traffic violations inflate costs – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one chargable violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get careless violations such as DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Older drivers are lower risk – Drivers with little experience tend to be more careless behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims , and usually have better credit.
- Prevent theft and save – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Consumers can find disaster information, view agent and company licensing information, and report car insurance fraud.
Why you might not save $386 a year
Consumers in Oklahoma constantly see and hear ads for cheaper auto insurance by companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads tend to make the same promise about savings if you just switch to them.
How does each company say the same thing?
Companies have specific criteria for the type of driver that earns them the most money. An example of a profitable risk profile might have to be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and insures a new vehicle. Anyone who fits those characteristics will probably get the lowest rates and will probably save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who do not match those standards will be charged a higher rate and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The trick companies use is to say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can make claims like that. This illustrates why you really should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s just not possible to know with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Quote more, save more
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies can be less work than you think.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to shop for auto insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you , the better likelihood of getting . Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Cost effective auto insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Collinsville, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.