Searching for the most affordable Lewisville auto insurance over the internet can appear to be problematic for vehicle owners that are relatively new to price shopping over the internet. With literally dozens of companies in the marketplace, how can Lewisville drivers have time to compare them all to find cheaper auto insurance rates?
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to sucessfully take a drivers education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- College Student – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here to view.
Why your premium might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Responsible credit means lower costs – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your vehicle if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Miles driven impacts premiums – The more miles you rack up on your car every year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your policy states how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- More policies can equal more savings – Lots of companies will give better rates to buyers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Save money with theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart theives such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent auto theft.
- Being married pays dividends – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Marriage means you’re more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Lewisville?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Compare rates or from insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is sent to companies in Lewisville that can give you for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Lewisville?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Lewisville are classified as either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Captive Auto Insurance Agents
Captive agencies have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Captive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of captive agencies in Lewisville that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 614 S Edmonds Ln – Lewisville, TX 75067 – (972) 221-4792
- State Farm Insurance – 1825 Lakeway Dr – Lewisville, TX 75057 – (469) 549-4659
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not restriced to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Lewisville who can help you get rate quotes.
- North Texas Insurance – 1422 W Main St # 102 – Lewisville, TX 75067 – (972) 436-2015
- Fenley General Agency Inc – 217 S Stemmons Fwy – Lewisville, TX 75067 – (972) 434-3614
- Select Insurance – 417 Oakbend Dr – Lewisville, TX 75067 – (972) 315-7299
- Eddie Hurst Agency – 535 W Purnell Rd – Lewisville, TX 75057 – (972) 221-3354
- Direct General Ins Agency – 1288 W Main St – Lewisville, TX 75067 – (972) 956-9136
For more insurance agents in Lewisville, please link to this full listing of auto insurance agencies in Lewisville.
For more Texas auto insurance information
Even more information can be read at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Consumers can view a list of available companies, learn about insurance regulations, read state legal mandates and laws, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
More related Lewisville auto insurance information:
Keep this in mind
We’ve covered many tips how you can compare auto insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Cheap auto insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide online rate quotes and these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, poor customer service and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is actually quite simple.