Getting affordable Muscle Shoals car insurance on the web might seem impossible for vehicle owners new to quoting and buying insurance over the internet. With such a big selection of agents and insurers available, how can vehicle owners be able to compare all the different companies and get the lowest price available?
Buying car insurance in Muscle Shoals is not rocket science. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Nevertheless, Alabama consumers must learn the methods companies use to determine prices.
There are a lot of ways you can shop for car insurance but one way is less time-consuming than others. You can spend your afternoon driving to insurance companies in Muscle Shoals, or you could use online quoting to achieve your goal.
Many of the larger companies enroll in a system that enables customers to submit one quote, and each company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly which insurance companies to get quotes from. So if you want to choose individual companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of car insurance companies in Alabama. Click to view list.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage information for each price quote. If you enter differing limits you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate in Muscle Shoals. Just a small difference in coverage limits may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding the best rates. Not every company allows you to get quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them as well.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Muscle Shoals?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local Muscle Shoals insurance agencies and car insurance
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents that provide for your coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which family members are covered?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
When searching for a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They are trained well on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from captive agents mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Muscle Shoals captive insurance agents who may provide you with price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 307 W State St – Muscle Shoals, AL 35661 – (256) 381-5858
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 709 Avalon Ave – Muscle Shoals, AL 35661 – (256) 389-3919
- Allstate Insurance – 1810 John R St # A – Muscle Shoals, AL 35661 – (256) 386-7900
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Muscle Shoals that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Jerry Freeman Agency – 601 Pasadena Ave # E – Muscle Shoals, AL 35661 – (256) 381-8372
- Laura Johnson Insurance – 3203 Woodward Ave – Muscle Shoals, AL 35661 – (256) 314-1280
- Brenda W Myrick Insurance – 405 W Highland Ave – Muscle Shoals, AL 35661 – (256) 381-8776
To choose from more insurance agents in Muscle Shoals, link to this list of Muscle Shoals Alabama car insurance agents.
More sites with car insurance information
Additional detailed information can be found at the Alabama Department of Insurance website. Consumers can view agent and company licensing information, get help finding coverage, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and learn about specific coverages.