Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as millions of other drivers. Drivers have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find the best rates for your vehicles.
The purpose of this post is to instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Florida vehicle owners only need to know the proper methods to get comparison rates on the web.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes is to know most larger insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information like if you have an active license, how many miles driven, the type of vehicles you drive, and your general credit rating. Your rating data is submitted instantly to insurance companies and they respond with quotes immediately.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and enter the information requested.
Discount Aventura car insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids living away from home attending college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- E-sign Discounts</strong – A handful of companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you depending on your car insurance provider.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your premiums.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good driver, air bags, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Geico has savings for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, daytime running lights, driver training, federal employee, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Aventura. To view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Florida, click this link.
Get cheap rates by understanding these factors
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Save by driving cars with good safety ratings – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you.
- Better drivers pay lower prices – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Even a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Stress out and pay more – Jobs such as fire fighters, executives and miners tend to pay higher premium rates in part from intense work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Having a spouse can lower rates – Having a significant other actually saves money when buying car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Deter vehicle theft – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent car theft.
Additional car insurance information is located on the through this link. Florida consumers can find disaster information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, report car insurance fraud, and get help finding coverage.
Tricks in car insurance advertising
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings for switching by companies like Progressive, Allstate and Geico. They all seem to make the same claim about saving some big amount if you move your coverage to them.
That’s great but how can every company offer drivers better rates? Here is the trick they use.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of this type of insured may need to be between 25 and 40, has never had a policy lapse, and insures a new vehicle. A driver who fits those characteristics receives the best prices and have a good chance to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to these standards will get higher prices and ends up with the customer buying from someone else. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those statements.
That is why you should compare often. It is impossible to predict which car insurance company will have the best auto insurance rates for your profile.
One last thing
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced car insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Aventura, so get from both of them to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.