If shopping for car insurance online is new to you, it’s easy to be confused by the vast number of online car insurance companies and websites all offering big savings in Easley.
These discounts can lower your rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- E-sign – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- College Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Easley, click this link.
Buying car insurance locally
Certain consumers would rather buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Easley.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Now that’s easy!
If you wish to view licensed agents in Easley, click here to link.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How long has their agency been in business in Easley?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Once you have acceptable answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to a company that can adequately provide car insurance.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers in South Carolina constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the ads make an identical promise about savings after switching your coverage to them.
But how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who do not match the “perfect” profile will have to pay more money and ends up with business not being written. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Additional information is located on the South Carolina Department of Insurance website through this link. South Carolina consumers can report car insurance fraud, get help finding coverage, and find out industry alerts.
One last thing
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Discount car insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Easley, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can save on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.