Comparing and finding cheaper coverage rates for Fountain Inn car insurance is slightly frustrating for beginners to comparison shopping online. People have so many companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a burden to locate the lowest coverage rates.
Fountain Inn car insurance rates are influenced by these factors
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your rate level.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most major insurance companies give a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other insurance prices to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Too many policy claims and you’ll pay more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in South Carolina generally give the lowest premiums to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catestrophic claims.
- Get better rates if married – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price when shopping for car insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for smaller low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Save by driving safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- How much liability – Liability insurance kicks in when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Better drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Only having one chargable violation can increase rates substantially. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Cheaper Fountain Inn car insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but some must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower car insurancerates due to less chance of an accident.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
To locate insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Fountain Inn, click this link.
Slick advertising tricks that work
South Carolina drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price car insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you switch your coverage to them.
How does each company charge lower premium rates? You have to listen carefully.
Insurance companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a desirable insured should be married and over the age of 30, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. Anyone who meets those qualifications gets the lowest prices as well as cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who do not match those criteria will be charged a more expensive rate which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims. Because of this risk profiling, you really need to get as many as possible. It is just not possible to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the South Carolina Department of Insurance website. South Carolina drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, get help finding coverage, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find a variety of consumer forms.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just covered a lot of techniques to reduce car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, delays in paying claims, poor customer service and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper car insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies.