Purchasing the lowest cost Marshfield auto insurance on the web can be challenging for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. When there are so many online companies, how can anyone have a chance to compare the different rates to find the lowest price?
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Wisconsin, follow this link.
Finding Auto Insurance in Marshfield, WI
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be exhausting if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You could spend the better part of a day talking to insurance agencies in Marshfield, or you can utilize the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
The majority of car insurance companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to complete one form, and each company returns a competitive quote based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for every auto insurance company. To compare rates now click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to using this type of system is that consumers can’t choose which providers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in Wisconsin. Click to view list.
Whichever way you use, double check that you are using exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you enter higher or lower deductibles then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best in Marshfield.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Being married is a good thing – Getting married can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage provides coverage if you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like doctors, architects and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates in part from job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
You just learned a lot of information how to compare auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cheaper auto insurance can be bought online in addition to many Marshfield insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Additional information can be read on the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance website located here. Wisconsin drivers can find disaster information, view a list of available companies, and find out which companies have the most complaints.