Price shopping your Orland Park car insurance is always hard for consumers new to comparison shopping online. People have so many options that it can quickly become a challenge to locate the lowest price in Orland Park.
Orland Park Car Insurance Prices Online
Performing a rate comparison can take hours if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with insurance companies in Orland Park, or you can stay home and use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers submit one quote, and every company then returns a price quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for form submissions to every company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to doing it this way is you can’t choose which insurance companies you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to compare, we put together a list of car insurance companies in Illinois. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare the exact same deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you compare different values for each quote it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison in Orland Park. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a better price.
These discounts can lower your rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Orland Park can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Illinois, click here to view.
What impacts Orland Park insurance rates?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- More performance means more cost – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates tend to be for small economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of car insurance companies give discounts to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one moving violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse actually saves money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies in Illinois give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers are known to be more careless when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Car insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all say the same thing that you’ll save big after switching to them. How do they all make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the requirements will have to pay higher premiums which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Quote more, save more
While you’re price shopping online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheap car insurance can be bought online and with local Orland Park insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
Additional car insurance links
More information can be found on the Illinois Department of Insurance website located here. Illinois drivers can get help finding coverage, learn about insurance regulations, and view agent and company licensing information.