Comparison shopping for cheap Spring Hill auto insurance can be hard for drivers who are new to online comparison shopping. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become hard work to lower your prices.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates as often as possible due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best rates at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can get a small discount on rates.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates as compared to bad drivers.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Travelers has discounts for multi-car, payment discounts, driver training, new car, IntelliDrive, and early quote.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, student driver, driver training, teen driver, early bird, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple policy, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, anti-lock brakes, driver training, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
If you want , ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply in your area. To see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Spring Hill, click here.
Get more affordable premiums by understanding these factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors that factor into your prices.
- Alarm systems lower premiums – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart theives such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Commute or pleasure use – The more miles you rack up on your car each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Men pay more for insurance coverage – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Drivers with responsible credit save – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Don’t let your auto insurance policy lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Kansas motor vehicle department.
- Performance impacts insurance rates – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest premiums are for the lowest performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Neighborhood Spring Hill auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Spring Hill who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
If you would like help to view insurance agents in your area, you may want to see this directory of Spring Hill, KS insurance agents.
Upon receiving acceptable answers and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found a company that is a good match to service your policy.
For more information
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and view agent and company licensing information.
These articles may also be worth reading.
More comparisons equals lower rates
You just read many ways to compare auto insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents. The cheapest auto insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Spring Hill agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.