If price shopping auto insurance online is new to you, you can be overwhelmed by the large number of online companies all offering big savings in Apple Valley.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rates last year a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Locating the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Apple Valley is simple if you know the tricks. Minnesota consumers only need to know the proper methods to shop on the web.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all available discounts very well, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Apple Valley, click here.
Informed Drivers can Cut Their Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurance companies will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Mature drivers pay less – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Young drivers tend to get distracted easily in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Careers like lawyers, architects and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Big city or small town – Residing in a small town can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
What if I want to buy from a local Apple Valley agent?
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Apple Valley who will battle for your business. You never need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier!<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-111.jpg" alt="Minnesota car insurance quote”/>
Deciding on a company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Insurance agent types
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Apple Valley can either be independent or captive. Both types can write coverage properly, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can influence buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate and State Farm. Captives cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captives are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes choose to use a captive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are captive agencies in Apple Valley that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 203 County Road 42 – Apple Valley, MN 55124 – (952) 432-8654
- Farmers Insurance Group – 14863 Energy Way – Apple Valley, MN 55124 – (952) 432-2122
- American Family Insurance – 15010 Glazier Ave # 103 – Apple Valley, MN 55124 – (952) 432-3700
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Apple Valley that are able to give price quote information.
- Robert E Lee Agency Inc – 7300 147th St W # 102 – Apple Valley, MN 55124 – (952) 997-4333
- Joe Csedo Insurance – 14752 Pennock Ave – Apple Valley, MN 55124 – (952) 431-4212
- Ferry Insurance Network – 15988 Hyland Pointe Ct # 200 – Apple Valley, MN 55124 – (952) 432-6700
- Walter Manning Agency – 7707 149th St W # 7 – Apple Valley, MN 55124 – (952) 891-4703
- Alan Lecher Agency Inc – 15010 Glazier Ave # 205 – Apple Valley, MN 55124 – (952) 431-4055
For a complete listing of Apple Valley insurance agents, visit this site.
After getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Learn more today
More detailed Minnesota auto insurance information is located at the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Minnesota drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, view a list of available companies, and get help finding coverage.
Online plus local equals savings
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents in Apple Valley, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We covered a lot of techniques to lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.