Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance company choices in Kingsport? You’re not the only one! People have so many options available that it can be a ton of work to find the lowest price.
Free Kingsport Auto Insurance Quotes
Most major insurance companies allow you to get price estimates on their websites. The process is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system will order your driving and credit reports and returns a price.
This simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit different websites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a better rate.
The preferred way to locate the lowest prices makes use of a single form that gets prices from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes price shopping online much easier to do. After sending your information, it is rated and you are able to buy any or none of the price quotes you receive.
If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. This process just takes a couple of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To use this form to compare rates, click here to open in a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To choose providers offering auto insurance discounts in Tennessee, follow this link.
Neighborhood agents for auto insurance
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is definitely important in Kingsport.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-111.jpg" alt="Kingsport car insurance prices” />
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Kingsport who will battle to get your business. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. How cool is that?!
The different types of insurance agents
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Kingsport agents are categorized either independent or captive. Both types can do a good job, but it’s important to know how they are different since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent agencies are not locked into one company but rather can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Kingsport that can give you pricing information.
- Landmark Insurance – 419 E Market St – Kingsport, TN 37660 – (423) 245-2201
- Evelyn Stout Widener Agency – 150 Commerce St – Kingsport, TN 37660 – (423) 246-3941
- Acceptance Insurance Agency – 1649 E Stone Dr # 112 – Kingsport, TN 37660 – (423) 246-9090
- Heritage Insurance Group Inc – 999 Executive Park Blvd # 303 – Kingsport, TN 37660 – (423) 247-2101
- Mike Vallie Agency – – Kingsport, TN 37660 – (423) 245-4228
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Kingsport who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 901 E Center St – Kingsport, TN 37660 – (423) 246-8991
- Farm Bureau – 3417 Memorial Blvd – Kingsport, TN 37664 – (423) 578-2181
- Farmers Insurance Group – 106 Ferrell Ave # 6 – Kingsport, TN 37663 – (423) 283-0984
- Allstate Insurance Co – 1000 E Center St – Kingsport, TN 37660 – (423) 378-3006
To view a full list of auto insurance agents in Kingsport, visit this site.
Deciding on an insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
After receiving satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will properly service your auto insurance policy.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Additional information can be read on the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website through this link. Tennessee consumers can read industry bulletins, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about specific coverages, and find disaster information.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
The cheapest auto insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Kingsport agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
We covered a lot of information how to save on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.