Perplexed by the number of auto insurance choices in Opelousas? You’re not alone. People have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Shopping for the lowest cost protection in Opelousas can be fairly easy. Louisiana drivers just need to learn the proper way to compare company rates on the web.
Finding Auto Insurance in Opelousas, LA
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with insurance agencies in Opelousas, or you could save time and use online quoting to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most of the larger companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and at least one company provides a quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions to every company.
To access this free quoting program, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly which providers you want to price. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of low cost auto insurance companies in Louisiana. View list of Louisiana insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits with each company. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Opelousas.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Opelousas.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Opelousas who will battle to get your business. You won’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
The following is a list of auto insurance companies in Opelousas that may be willing to give rate quotes.
- Jim Wallace Agency – 1107 Heather Dr, Opelousas, LA 70570 – (337) 942-9527
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 5265 I 49 S Service Rd, Opelousas, LA 70570 – (337) 948-8259
- Allstate Insurance – 129 S Main St, Opelousas, LA 70570 – (337) 594-0122
- Physicians Mutual Insurance Co – 222 W North St, Opelousas, LA 70570 – (337) 942-6337
- Cravins Insurance Inc – 223 N Market St, Opelousas, LA 70570 – (337) 942-8784
- State Farm Insurance – 908 Creswell Ln, Opelousas, LA 70570 – (337) 948-4491
For a full directory of Opelousas insurance agents, simply jump to this page.
Choosing an insurance company requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Once you have satisfactory answers and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an provider that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Additional auto insurance links
Much more information about auto insurance in Louisiana can be read on the Louisiana Department of Insurance website found here. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, download brochures, find out which companies have the most complaints, and report car insurance fraud.
Additional helpful sites include this site for rates in Louisiana and this list of insurance agents in Opelousas.