Perplexed by the sheer number of car insurance companies in Stuttgart? Many other drivers are as well. Drivers have so many options that it can turn into a real challenge to find lower rates.
It’s a good habit to compare rates yearly because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rates six months ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the only way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Locating the cheapest protection in Stuttgart can be fairly easy. If you are insured now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Arkansas consumers just need to learn the most effective way to compare price quotes over the internet.
Learn How to Lower your Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy on your policy. Things like roadside assistance, towing coverage and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – Car insurance companies in Arkansas provide cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Young drivers in Arkansas are known to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Drive less and save money – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance in Stuttgart
Performing a rate comparison can be exhausting if you don’t know the most efficient way. You can waste hours talking to insurance companies in Stuttgart, or you can utilize the web to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to complete one form, and at least one company then returns a price quote based on that data. This eliminates the need for quote requests to every company.
To compare pricing click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify which providers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to choose individual companies to request quotes from, we have a page of companies who write car insurance in Arkansas. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use exactly the same information on every quote you get. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to determine the best price in Stuttgart.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Arkansas consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim that you can save after switching to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who do not match the requirements must pay a more expensive rate and ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s why companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
How much can you save with discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Stuttgart, follow this link.
Comparing rates from local agents
Certain consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Stuttgart.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Stuttgart who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. How cool is that?!
Compare rates from both independent and captive car insurance agents
When finding a reliable agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Stuttgart are either independent or captive. Both do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below are Stuttgart independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Konecny Insurance Svc – 102 W 7th St – Stuttgart, AR 72160 – (870) 673-9249
- Smith and Co Inc Insurance Svc – 701 S Main St – Stuttgart, AR 72160 – (870) 673-7221
Captive agencies are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Captives are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agents in Stuttgart that can give you comparison quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – 1410 S Main St – Stuttgart, AR 72160 – (870) 673-2595
To view a full list of car insurance agents in Stuttgart, visit this site.
Deciding on an insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Upon getting reasonable responses to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Arkansas?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Additional information is located on the Arkansas Insurance Department website found here. Arkansas drivers can view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
A tidy conclusion
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation or high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
Affordable car insurance is available on the web and with local Stuttgart insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.