Are you regretting buying an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you’re not the only one. Due to the fact that there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be impossible to pick the lowest cost insurer.
This article will familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Minnesota consumers just need to learn the best way to shop online.
There are a variety of methods you can shop for car insurance but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in Sauk Rapids, or you can stay home and use the internet to get the quickest rates.
Many of the larger companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each participating company provides a quote based on that data. This eliminates the need for quote requests to each company.
To find out what other companies charge click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which carriers you want to price. If you prefer to choose specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of companies who write car insurance in Minnesota. Click here for list of insurance companies in Minnesota.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just be sure to compare equivalent coverage data on every quote. If you use different liability limits you will not be able to determine the best price in Sauk Rapids.
More discounts mean lower premiums
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you .
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Sauk Rapids can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates if you have no claims before the accident.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some companies that may have some of the above discounts include:<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-99.jpg" alt="Sauk Rapids Minnesota car insurance quote”/>
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not apply in your area. To see insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Minnesota, follow this link.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Sauk Rapids car insurance agents
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower prices but also keep your business local. And buying from local agencies is especially important in Sauk Rapids.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to your email. If you need to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
When researching a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Sauk Rapids can be classified as either captive or independent. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to get quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Sauk Rapids that may be able to provide pricing information.
OPATZ Insurance – 225 N Benton Dr # 100 – Sauk Rapids, MN 56379 – (320) 251-4715
Tri-County Insurance – 800 Industrial Dr S – Sauk Rapids, MN 56379 – (320) 251-2552
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
Captive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of captive insurance agents in Sauk Rapids that can give you price quote information.
American Family Insurance – 222 N Benton Dr – Sauk Rapids, MN 56379 – (320) 253-0981
To contact agents in your neighborhood, view this complete selection of car insurance agents in Sauk Rapids.
Selecting an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Sauk Rapids?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Four tips to get lower Sauk Rapids car insurance rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that go into determining your premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Responsible drivers pay less – Even one moving violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers with multiple violations like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Raising physical damage deductibles saves money – The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Use one insurance company and save – Some insurers provide lower prices to customers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other insurance prices to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Safer occupants lowers car insurance rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If your vehicle earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
You can find cheaper coverage
Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agencies. Affordable car insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many Sauk Rapids insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When getting , it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more reading
Additional car insurance information is located on the . Click here for link. Minnesota drivers can read consumer alerts, find a variety of consumer forms, learn about insurance regulations, and discover disciplinary actions.