Overwhelmed by the number of car insurance options in Shrewsbury? Lot’s of other consumers are too. You have so many choices that it can be more work than you anticipated to find the lowest price.
Comprehensive Shrewsbury Car Insurance Comparison
Performing a rate comparison can take hours if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You could waste time driving to insurance companies in Shrewsbury, or you could save time and use the internet to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers submit their information once, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that data. This eliminates the need for form submissions to every company. To use this form to compare rates click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is you cannot specify which insurance companies you want pricing from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to compare prices, we have a listing of low cost car insurance companies in Massachusetts. Click to view list.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use apples-to-apples coverage information for every company. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best in Shrewsbury.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Educated Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- More claims means more premium – Car insurance companies in Massachusetts give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in a rural area is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents. Drivers in populated Massachusetts areas have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners and accountants have higher rates than average in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
- Mature drivers pay less – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are statistically proven to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Can’t I compare rates from local Shrewsbury agents?
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Shrewsbury who will compete for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy!
Choosing a company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How are they compensated?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Different types of Shrewsbury auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agents are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive). Either one can write coverage properly, but it’s important to know how they are different since it can impact your agent selection.
This type of agents have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from captive agents partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Independent agents are not locked into one company but rather can write business with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, you should always get quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.Many can place coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
The following are Shrewsbury independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Mattei Mancuso Nowak Insurance – 252 Boston Turnpike Rd – Shrewsbury, MA 01545 – (508) 757-0506
- Network Insurance – 149 Boston Tpke # A – Shrewsbury, MA 01545 – (508) 752-3523
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Shrewsbury, please go to this site.
Upon receiving good answers to these questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can properly insure your vehicles.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Massachusetts?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
More detailed Massachusetts car insurance information is available at the Massachusetts Division of Insurance website. Massachusetts drivers can read industry bulletins, download brochures, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Save $462 a year. For real?
Consumers in Massachusetts can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all say the same thing about savings if you switch to their company.
How does each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies can use profiling for the driver that makes them money. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. A driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the “perfect” profile must pay a more expensive rate and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can make those claims. This illustrates why you need to get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know the company that will have the lowest rates.
One last thing
We just covered a lot of ways to compare car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company.
Cheaper car insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents in Shrewsbury, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.