Finding better rates for Draper auto insurance can be difficult for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. You have so many options available that it can easily become a ton of work to locate the lowest price in Draper.
This article will help you learn how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using these methods. Utah drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to get comparison quotes online.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To choose companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Utah, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Price shop online but buy from a local Draper agent
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local businesses is important especially in Draper.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Now that’s easy!
Is a captive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When researching local Draper agents, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the differences since it can impact the selection process.
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, we recommend you include several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Draper willing to provide pricing information.
- Auto-Owners Insurance Co – 11734 Election Rd – Draper, UT 84020 – (801) 572-0111
- Insurance Sequoia – 147 Election Rd – Draper, UT 84020 – (801) 619-3968
These agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to buy from captive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below are captive agencies in Draper that are able to give price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – 1134 Draper Pkwy – Draper, UT 84020 – (801) 495-0933
- Allstate Insurance – 12222 S 1000 E # 2 – Draper, UT 84020 – (801) 523-2510
- Farmers Insurance Group – 11576 S State St # 1003 – Draper, UT 84020 – (801) 523-8422
For a full directory of Draper captive agencies, visit this site.
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Utah?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to your questions and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
Beware of misleading auto insurance ads
Consumers in Utah can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings after switching your coverage to them.
How can each company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable customer might be between 25 and 40, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for these standards will be charged higher prices which leads to business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
That is why you should quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Learn more about auto insurance in Utah
Much more information about auto insurance in Utah is available on the Utah Insurance Department website found here. Utah drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, read state legal mandates and laws, and report car insurance fraud.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Budget-conscious auto insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many Draper insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.