Finding cheap Filer car insurance can seem to be kind of frustrating for beginners to shopping for insurance online. Since there are so many insurance companies available, it can easily be a ton of work to find the perfect company for you.
Take advantage of every car insurance discount
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable their company to scrutinize driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Sign Early and Save – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them sucessfully take a drivers education course if it’s offered in school.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To see a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in Idaho, follow this link.
Getting a cheap price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms to each individual car insurance company. One form submission gets insurance cost estimates instantly. This is by far the quickest method.
- Another way to find better pricing requires a trip to the website for each individual company and fill out a new quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from Progressive, 21st Century and Allstate. To do that, you would have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Filer, click here.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just double check that you are using the same coverages for each price quote. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles you will not be able to make a fair comparison in Filer.
In the end, you save
We covered some good ideas how you can lower your car insurance prices. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap car insurance can be purchased both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.