Cutting costs on Fort Atkinson auto insurance may be very difficult for drivers who have little experience online insurance quotes. There are so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a ton of work to lower your prices.
It’s smart to shop coverage around at least once a year because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates two years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. You’ll find a ton of advice on auto insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best ways to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Discounts for lower Wisconsin auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow data collection to spy on driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some auto insurance companies.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, multiple autos, student away at school, multiple policy, and good driver.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, seat belt use, federal employee, multi-policy, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for good driver, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, multi-car, professional/association, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, switch companies, homeowner, business and professional, bundle discounts, youthful driver, and mature driver.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
Double check with every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to view providers offering auto insurance discounts in Fort Atkinson, click here to view.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
More information can be read on the located here. Wisconsin consumers can view a list of available companies, find a variety of consumer forms, report car insurance fraud, and find disaster information.
Summing up your auto insurance search
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More affordable auto insurance is available on the web and with local Fort Atkinson insurance agents, so get from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers work with independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of ways to get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.