Sick and tired of not being able to afford to pay high car insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than most other drivers in Indiana. With drivers having so many companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to choose the most affordable car insurance company.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes every six months since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rates two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to put money back in your pocket.
Low cost Hobart car insurance quotes online
Cutting your Hobart car insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is take time comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. Insurance prices can be quoted in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
One of the fastest ways to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This quick form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for every prospective company. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates from multiple low-cost companies.
A more time consuming way to analyze rates requires a visit to each company website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you need rates from USAA, Farmers and State Farm. To do that, you would have to go to each individual site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, which can get old fast.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Hobart, click here.
The final way to do your price quoting is calling or driving to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing rates online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained guidance only provided by licensed agents. Some companies do allow you to price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
However you get your quotes, make sure you are using apples-to-apples quote information on every quote you get. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best in Hobart.
Learn how to lower your car insurance premiums
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- Expect high rates for teens – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims and get fewer tickets.Young drivers are statistically shown to be more careless behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
- Stress out and pay more – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and financial analysts generally have higher rates than average due to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs like actors, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Indiana provide lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Lots of insurers afford lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other insurance prices to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to save even more by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Living in a small town is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. City drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- No coverage gaps is important – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Indiana department of motor vehicles.
Car insurance policy discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies early. It could save around 10% when you .
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
- Club Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state.
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What is the minimum liability in Indiana?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
When should I get advice from an insurance agent?
Many people just want to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Hobart?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Compare rates from both independent and captive car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Hobart agents can be described as either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can provide car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Captive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Captive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of captive agencies in Hobart that are able to give comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 128 Main St – Hobart, IN 46342 – (219) 942-4300
State Farm Insurance – 8972 E Ridge Rd – Hobart, IN 46342 – (219) 963-2467
Farm Bureau Insurance – 3586 N Hobart Rd – Hobart, IN 46342 – (219) 962-5131
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to check rates from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Hobart that are able to give rate quotes.
Bud Insurance – 615 W 3rd St – Hobart, IN 46342 – (219) 942-1028
Erdelac Insurance Inc – 111 W 10th St # 105 – Hobart, IN 46342 – (219) 942-9793
Jerry Mytyk Agency – 8792 E Ridge Rd – Hobart, IN 46342 – (219) 942-8400
Ken West Agency – 703 N Hobart Rd – Hobart, IN 46342 – (219) 947-1114
To choose from more licensed insurance agents in Hobart, you may want to link to this list of Hobart car insurance providers.
If you receive acceptable answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
More comparisons equals lower rates
We just presented a lot of information how to save on car insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting . You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
When you , it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper car insurance is possible online in addition to many Hobart insurance agents, so get from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more reading
Additional detailed information is available at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Indiana consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read state legal mandates and laws, view a list of available companies, and read consumer alerts.