Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than millions of other people. Big companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO all promote huge savings with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
Comparing car insurance rates can be a daunting task if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You could waste time driving to local insurance agents in Johnstown, or you could save time and use the internet to get pricing more quickly.
Most car insurance companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers send in one quote, and at least one company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This eliminates the need for form submissions for every car insurance company. To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the providers you want pricing from. So if you want to choose specific providers to compare prices, we have a listing of car insurance companies in Colorado. Click here for list of insurance companies in Colorado.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure you’re using equivalent coverage data on every quote. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to make a fair rate comparison in Johnstown.
Car insurance policy discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Deterent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a .
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you with a few car insurance companies.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their than less cautious drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, multiple policy, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for good student, multi-car, safety features, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, and newly retired.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, air bags, and accident-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, homeowner, bundle discounts, good student, business and professional, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for student away at school, air bags, paperless, anti-theft, mature driver, and company car.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, accident prevention training, multi-car, homeowner, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in your area.
Additional information can be read on the through this link. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, download brochures, and file complaints about a company.
Other related articles: