Tired of paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than many other Arizona consumers. With so many options when it comes to car insurance, it can be impossible to locate the cheapest insurance company.
It’s a good habit to check car insurance prices yearly because rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Starting now, ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the fastest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Winslow can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Winslow, click here.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- How’s your driving record? – Good drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
More Arizona car insurance resources
Additional information is available on the website for the Arizona Department of Insurance located here. Consumers can read industry bulletins, find out which companies have the most complaints, get help finding coverage, and learn about specific coverages.
Compare but don’t skimp
Affordable car insurance is attainable online in addition to many Winslow insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best prices are with the least-expected company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or Geico.