Paying for high-priced car insurance can drain your checking account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to cut your insurance bill. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and uncover the absolute best rates possible.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Buying car insurance in Cuyahoga Falls is easy if you know what you’re doing. Ohio vehicle owners only need to know the best way to shop for car insurance online.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts in Cuyahoga Falls, click this link.
How to Compare Cuyahoga Falls Car Insurance Rates
Reducing your insurance rates is not a difficult process. You just need to take a few minutes comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This form saves time by eliminating separate forms for every car insurance company. One simple form gets you coverage quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to get quotes online consists of going to the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Progressive and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in Cuyahoga Falls, click here.
- The least recommended method of getting rate comparisons is driving to and from local Cuyahoga Falls insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the trained guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you compare differing limits it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Cuyahoga Falls.
What impacts Cuyahoga Falls insurance rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Always keep insurance in force – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Drive less and save money – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Educated insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Cuyahoga Falls.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Cuyahoga Falls who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Cuyahoga Falls that may be able to provide price quote information.
Wayne Agency Co – 2044 2nd St, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221 – (330) 928-1104
Brimlow Insurance – 1580 Portage Trl, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223 – (330) 923-9982
Liberty Mutual Insurance – 2020 Front St, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221 – (330) 922-7824
Allstate Insurance Co – 1675 State Rd # 1, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223 – (330) 945-8086
State Farm Insurance – 1060 Graham Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44224 – (330) 923-9040
Farmers Insurance Group – 2250 Broad Blvd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223 – (330) 922-0065
Novak Insurance – 2034 Schiller Ave, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223 – (330) 923-5050
Choosing an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
After getting positive feedback to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies say the same thing of big savings after switching to them.
How do they all make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be a mature driver, insures multiple vehicles, and has excellent credit. A customer who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who are not a match for the requirements must pay higher rates and this can result in business not being written. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
In the end, you save
You just learned many tips how you can get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheap car insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Cuyahoga Falls agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Much more information about car insurance in Ohio is available on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance through this link. Ohio consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, view a list of available companies, download brochures, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
The following information may also be useful.