Feel like you have an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re in good company because there are lots of people in the same boat. Many insurers vie to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the definite best rate
It’s smart to do price comparisons as often as possible since insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. You’ll find a ton of advice on car insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to find affordable car insurance.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the best rates in Auburn is easy if you know what you’re doing. New York drivers just need to know the most effective way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Most major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes is easy for anyone as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system gets information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted. Quoting online makes it easy to compare insurance prices but the work required to visit a lot of sites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you are searching for better car insurance pricing.
There is a better way!<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-16.jpg" alt="New York car insurance“/>
The preferred way to compare car insurance pricing requires only one form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online shopping much more efficient. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you can select your choice of the quote results. If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and can result in significant savings.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, click here to open in a new tab and enter your information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the coverage information identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
Save a ton with these discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you .
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to track where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple policy, defensive driving training, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers has savings for good student, driver training, home ownership, continuous insurance, new car, and early quote.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, defensive driver, air bags, Steer into Savings, accident-free, bundled insurance, and early bird.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, new graduate, exclusive group savings, good student, and preferred payment discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be offered in Auburn. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in New York, click here to view.
New York car insurance information
Additional detailed information is available at the New York Department of Financial Services website. New York drivers can get help finding coverage, find a variety of consumer forms, and report car insurance fraud.
The following information may also be useful.