Are you a victim of overpriced auto insurance? Believe me when I say many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Many insurers vie for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to find the absolute best price available.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes yearly since insurance rates change quite often. Even if you got the best price a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Why your price might be higher
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Liability coverage protects you – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies in Florida provide cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of auto insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Discounts are basically free money
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To choose companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Delray Beach, click here.
Auto insurance myths debunked
Consumers in Florida can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you switch to their company.
How do they all claim to save you money?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who do not match these standards will have to pay higher prices and ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, you need to get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida can be found on the website for the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. Click here for link. Florida drivers can get help finding coverage, find out which companies have the most complaints, view a list of available companies, and view agent and company licensing information.
Smart consumers save more
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Delray Beach agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.