Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to insure your vehicles every month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other people. Due to the abundance of online and local companies to choose from, it can be diffult for drivers to locate the most affordable insurance company.
It’s a good idea to compare prices once or twice a year since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best deal a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Finding the best rates in Waynesboro is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this information. But Mississippi car owners need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if a SR-22 is required, what your job is, and the ages of drivers. Those rating factors is then sent to multiple car insurance providers and you will receive price estimates instantly.
To find lower rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may find discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers pay less as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will positively reduce your overall premium however.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, multiple policy, defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for IntelliDrive, multi-car, home ownership, new car, and payment discounts.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, Steer into Savings, good student, early bird, multi-vehicle, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, newly married, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and new vehicle discount.
If you need , ask each company how you can save money. Discounts may not be offered in Waynesboro. To locate providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Waynesboro, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Waynesboro car insurance agents?
A small number of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Waynesboro that can provide for your coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. A good agent will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
When finding a good Waynesboro insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or captive.
Captive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Captive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Captive agents are trained well on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are captive insurance agencies in Waynesboro willing to provide comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 1027 Azalea Dr – Waynesboro, MS 39367 – (601) 735-1166
Farm Bureau Insurance – 300 Mississippi Dr – Waynesboro, MS 39367 – (601) 735-2384
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to contact independent agents for the best price selection.
Below are independent agents in Waynesboro that are able to give price quotes.
Walker Insurance – 1007 Court St – Waynesboro, MS 39367 – (601) 735-0071
Auto Plus Insurance – 712 Station St – Waynesboro, MS 39367 – (601) 735-6644
Victor B Payton Agency – 912 Mississippi Dr # A – Waynesboro, MS 39367 – (601) 735-0015
For more car insurance agents in Waynesboro, link to this list of Waynesboro, MS insurance agents.
After receiving acceptable answers to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Mississippi?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Learn how to get car insurance for less
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower rates.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Performance makes a difference – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Low deductibles cost more – Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Drive less and get lower premiums – The more you drive your car in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Mississippi provide most affordable rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Liability protection risk factors in – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Well-known car insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the ads tend to make the same promise that you can save just by switching your coverage. But how can every company say the same thing? It’s all in how they say it.
Insurance providers have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, this type of risk profile may need to be a mature driver, has a clear driving record, and has excellent credit. Someone who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest auto insurance rates in Waynesboro and most likely will save if they switch.
Consumers who cannot meet this stringent profile may receive more expensive rates and this can result in the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. This really emphasizes why you absolutely need to quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Smart shoppers get results
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you , the better chance you’ll have of finding . Drivers may discover the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When getting , do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed Mississippi car insurance information is available at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Mississippi drivers can download brochures, view agent and company licensing information, and discover disciplinary actions.
The following information may also be useful.