Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers. Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate persitently shower you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
You should take the time to compare prices at least once a year because rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest price two years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better car insurance rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in New Mexico, click this link.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-102.jpg" alt="New Mexico car insurance“/>
How to Compare Car Insurance in Belen, NM
Performing a rate comparison can take hours if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with insurance companies in Belen, or you could use the internet to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and each participating company returns a rated price based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for quote forms to each company. To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which insurance companies you want to price. If you wish to select from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have a page of the cheapest car insurance companies in New Mexico. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If each company quotes differing limits it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best in Belen.
Keep this in mind
Cheap car insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Belen agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered a lot of techniques to reduce car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.