Scraping up a payment for high-priced car insurance can deplete your monthly budget and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparing rates annually can be a smart way to make ends meet.
Numerous insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every company and uncover the absolute best price available.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Finding the best rates in Pierce is not rocket science. But Nebraska drivers do need to understand the methods companies use to price insurance differently.
Get more affordable premiums by understanding these factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Vocation stress can make you pay more – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers such as military generalspolice officers and emergency personnel are shown to have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations like scientists, students and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Limits of liability protection – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if ever you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Get married and get better costs – Your spouse actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Less people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Bad credit hurts insurance rates – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit. So if your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Your age impacts your prices – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and get fewer tickets.Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger car insurance companies have better premium rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on compared to bad drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Student in College – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Safe Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for homeowner, alternative fuel, multi-car, switch companies, teen driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, air bags, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-car, safety features, hybrid vehicle, good student, exclusive group savings, and multi-policy.
If you want , ask all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere. To view insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts in Nebraska, click here to view.
You may need advice from a local insurance agent
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Pierce that provide and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Pierce?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance?
Below are agents in Pierce that may be willing to give comparison quotes.
Ron Kramer Insurance – 116 E Main St, Pierce, NE 68767 – (402) 329-4284
Farm Bureau Insurance – 115 W Main St, Pierce, NE 68767 – (402) 329-6284
Town & Country Insurance – 210 E Main St, Pierce, NE 68767 – (402) 329-4991
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Nebraska?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
More detailed Nebraska car insurance information is located at the Nebraska Department of Insurance website. Nebraska consumers can find disaster information, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, view a list of available companies, and report car insurance fraud.
Summing up your car insurance search
Lower-priced car insurance is possible on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce car insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.