Buying the most affordable Concord car insurance on the internet can be difficult for people who are new to online price comaprisons. When there are so many companies competing online, how can consumers effectively compare the different rates to find the best pricing?
It’s a good idea to compare prices before your policy renews because prices change frequently. Just because you found the best deal last year there may be better deals available now. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. This article will let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. New Hampshire drivers only need to know the best way to get comparison quotes online.
How to Compare Concord Car Insurance Rates
Most companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage prices on their websites. Getting quotes is pretty easy as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the system gets information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on many factors.
Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit many different websites and type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find better prices.
A quicker way to find cheaper rates uses one simple form that analyzes rates from several different companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes online price comparison much easier. After your information is entered, it is rated and you are able to buy any one of the quotes returned. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the policy. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in a new tab and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Concord can help you save on car insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Do I need a local agent?
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Educated insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. How’s that for easy!
Deciding on an insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- How long has their agency been in business in Concord?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Different types of car insurance agents in Concord
When finding local Concord agents, there are two different types of agents that you can select. Agents are classified as either captive or independent. Both do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can impact the selection process.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Captives cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from captives mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Concord captive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 171 N Main St – Concord, NH 03301 – (603) 224-5298
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 22 Bridge St – Concord, NH 03301 – (603) 225-3524
- Allstate Insurance – 163 Manchester St # 2 – Concord, NH 03301 – (603) 225-0533
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Concord that can give you rate quotes.
- Able Insurance – 130 Broadway – Concord, NH 03301 – (603) 225-6677
- Concord Group Insurance – 4 Bouton St – Concord, NH 03301 – (603) 224-4086
- Rowley Agency Inc – 139 Loudon Rd – Concord, NH 03301 – (603) 224-8000
- Floyd Lewis Agency Inc – 105 Loudon Rd # 1102 – Concord, NH 03301 – (603) 228-6300
To view a full list of licensed insurance agents in Concord, view this link.
Upon getting acceptable answers to your questions as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
What determines how much you pay?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Please use or commuting – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- Always keep insurance in force – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Some companies give discounts to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Lower rates come with age – Youthful drivers in New Hampshire are known to be less responsible behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto your car insurance can break the bank. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Performance level impacts rates – The type of vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are for economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
When shopping online for car insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-conscious car insurance can be purchased online in addition to many Concord insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the New Hampshire Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to find out industry alerts, read industry bulletins, and report car insurance fraud.