I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to paying for car insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. Big-name insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ad campaigns and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s smart to shop coverage around yearly because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest rates a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to quit paying high car insurance rates.
Discounts are basically free money
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Maine, follow this link.
Comprehensive Lewiston Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Getting a lower price on insurance can be quick and easy. You just have to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for each company. In just a few minutes this one form will return quotes from all major companies.
- A less efficient way to analyze rates requires visiting the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s say you want rates from GEICO, State Farm and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Lewiston, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same information for each price quote. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Lewiston.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
And the best car insurance company is…
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
Cost effective car insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lewiston, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.