No one in their right mind likes having to buy auto insurance, particularly when the cost is too high. Due to the abundance of options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be challenging to find the right auto insurance company.
Auto insurance companies offer lots of discounts
Car insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies early. You could save around 10% when you .
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow data collection to analyze driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
To choose companies with the best discounts in Litchfield Park, follow this link.
What determines how much you pay?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find better auto insurance rates. Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- A lauto insurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- How your age affects costs – Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teen drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability protection claims can be big – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Additional information is located on the website for the Arizona Department of Insurance found here. Arizona drivers can learn about insurance regulations, read state legal mandates and laws, and file complaints about a company.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
In this article, we covered many ways to compare auto insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and Geico.
As you , don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
A few companies do not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.