Overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance companies available to you? There are so many options that it can quickly become a difficult mission to find the perfect company for you. Stillwater is the perfect city to reside in, but the high cost of auto insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to stay on budget.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Buying the best coverage in Stillwater is not that difficult. But Minnesota car owners must know the way insurance companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rates from different Stillwater insurance companies. The simplest method to find the cheapest insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This is quite simple and can be completed by using one of the methods below.
- If you’re in a hurry, the quickest way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating separate forms for every company. Filling out one form will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- Another way to get comparison quotes consists of going to each company website and repeat the quote process again and again. For examples sake, let’s assume you need rates from Progressive, Farmers and Allstate. In order to compare rates, you need to navigate to each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Stillwater, click here.
- The least recommended method to comparison shop rate quotes is to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing rates online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the advice and guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. However, consumers can price shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but make sure you are using exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If you compare differing limits then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison in Stillwater. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparison shopping, quoting more helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide prices over the internet, so it’s important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you .
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies that have most of the discounts above include:
When getting , it’s a good idea to every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Car insurance agents near you
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Stillwater that can give you for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How many years have they been established?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you’re trying to find a local Stillwater insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents in Stillwater may be either captive or independent (non-captive).
Captive Insurance Agencies
Captive agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Captives cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from captive agents primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of captive insurance agents in Stillwater that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 305 Greeley St S # 204 – Stillwater, MN 55082 – (651) 439-0383
- Allstate Insurance – 5901 Omaha Ave N – Stillwater, MN 55082 – (651) 439-0053
- American Family Insurance – 14791 60th St N – Stillwater, MN 55082 – (651) 454-8257
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Stillwater who can help you get price quotes.
- Rite Insurance Inc – 9020 60th St N – Stillwater, MN 55082 – (651) 779-0880
- John Bosman Agency Inc – 14791 60th St N # 7 – Stillwater, MN 55082 – (651) 439-8438
- Brian Johnson Agency – 1927 Greeley St S – Stillwater, MN 55082 – (651) 430-2500
- Charlsen Insurance – 1940 Greeley St S # 201 – Stillwater, MN 55082 – (651) 439-5240
- Mc Garry-Kearney Agency – 243 Main St S – Stillwater, MN 55082 – (651) 439-6345
To view more auto insurance agents in Stillwater, view this full listing of Stillwater, MN auto insurance agencies.
More detailed Minnesota auto insurance information can be read at the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Visitors are able to view a list of available companies, report car insurance fraud, download brochures, and file complaints about a company.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Lower Pricing from Stillwater Car Insurance Companies
- 7 Discounts Stillwater Drivers Neglect when Comparing Auto Insurance on the Internet
Persistent drivers can save
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we presented many ways to compare auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a small mutual company.
When getting , it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.