Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance options in Kenai? You have a lot of company. There are so many companies to choose from that it can be more work than you anticipated to find the perfect company for you.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Pricing the best coverage in Kenai can be fairly easy. But Alaska car owners need to learn how big insurance companies sell insurance online.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Alaska, follow this link.
Compare Quotes for Kenai Auto Insurance
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be a lot of work if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to insurance agencies in Kenai, or you could use online quoting to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the best insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to complete one form, and at least one company can give them a price. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to every company.
To find out what other companies charge click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is that consumers can’t choose the providers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to request quotes from, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Alaska. Click here to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits with each company. If you use mixed coverages it will be impossible to find the best deal in Kenai. Quoting even small variations in coverages can result in a big premium difference. Just remember that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
Buy Cheaper Auto Insurance with These Tips
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Special features that cut premiums – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Even a single ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Your location is important – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Small claims can cost you – Auto insurance companies in Alaska give discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Kenai?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What are Alaska no-fault laws?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Best coverage at the best price
Budget-conscious auto insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many Kenai insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Even more information can be found at the Alaska Division of Insurance website. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, find out which companies have the most complaints, and learn about specific coverages.